Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps | PC
Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps release date for PC:
05 April 2004 | Worldwide
Game mode: single / multiplayer , multiplayer mode: local network / Internet, players: 1 - 4 , size: 1 CD
0 Game score 8.4 / 10 calculated out of 366 players' votes.
Telling the story of the North African campaigns of World War II from both Axis' and Allies' side, Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps is Real-Time Tactical game in full 3D boosting single- and multiplayer mode. Uniquely, the game combines narrative-based missions with the real-time strategy genre. Across two campaigns and twenty missions inspired from historical facts, players follow the destiny of a German and an English hero, who were once friends and who are now constrained to fight each other in this war without hate.
Missions range from reconnaissance operations in the desert and urban flush-out missions to large-scale sieges of desert fortresses. Each mission starts with a briefing and a recap of the historical background to the ensuing battle. More than 30 units can be allocated to each side, selected in the army management system. Desert Rats is characterised by a high level of combat realism and varied combat tactics. A pause feature allows players to think over tactics if necessary.
Desert Rats features a full 3D gameplay with highly realistic graphics, real-time shadows, damage effects, explosions, weather effects and much more. Its 60 minutes soundtrack, composed by Ervin Nagy and BAFTA Award winner Tamas Kreiner, intensifies the captivating atmosphere.
- 2 campaigns and 20 exciting missions, inspired from historical facts
- Real-time strategy visualized in full 3D, with realistic graphics and sounds matching historical atmosphere
- More than 70 different units available to each side, each with its own characteristics (riflemen, artillery, tanks, air support...)
- Missions range from recon operations in the desert and urban purge missions to large-scale sieges of desert fortresses
- Stress has been put on the tactical aspects of war: army management, battle preparation, varied combat tactics… and on realism of combats
- A tough AI will be able to respond in an effective way (e.g. attack from the front, side or rear, simultaneous attacks from 2 sides...)
- 3 Multiplayer modes (for up to 4 players) via LAN or Internet (powered by Gamespy)
Recommended: Processor Pentium III 1 GHz, 256 MB RAM, graphic card 64MB (GeForce3 or better), 1 GB HDD