New Super Mario Bros. Wii | Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii release date for Wii:
15 November 2009 | Worldwide
20 November 2009 | Europe PAL
15 November 2009 | USA NTSC
Game mode: single / multiplayer , multiplayer mode: common screen, players: 1-4
0 Game score 8.8 / 10 calculated out of 159 players' votes.
Expectations before the premiere: 8.2 / 10 calculated out of 10 players' votes.
* New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers a combination of cooperation and competition. Players can pick each other up to save them from danger or toss them into it.
* Mario™, Luigi™ and two Toads are all playable characters, while many others from the Mushroom Kingdom make appearances throughout the game. Players can even ride different Yoshi characters and use their tongues to swallow enemies – or their fellow players.
* In some areas, players use the motion abilities of the Wii Remote™ controller. The first player to reach a seesaw might make it tilt to help his or her character reach a higher platform – and then tilt it incorrectly just to mess with other players.
* New items include the propeller suit, which will shoot players high into the sky with just a shake of the Wii Remote and Mario’s new ability to transform into Penguin Mario.
* At the end of each stage during the simultaneous multiplayer mode, players are ranked based on their score, the coins collected and the number of enemies defeated.