16 April 2002 Worldwide
Game Mode(s) single / multiplayer
multiplayer: local network / Internet number of players 1 - 8
WARCOMMANDER... Zero Hour came on June 6 and 7, 1944: D-Day, the allied landing in Normandy and the preparation for the direct assault on Germany. During the first six days, 326.547 men, Panza 54.186 vehicles and 104.428 tons of equipment were unloaded by 5.300 watercraft, 12.000 aircraft and 1.500 tanks...
WappenOne of the most massive allied campaigns, targeting Berlin and Hitler's capitulation, is on its way... Right in the middle is an American infantry company that needs you, the commander, to guide them through the various theaters of war.
Daybreak of 6 June 1944 finds you and your soldiers sitting ready for battle in a landing craft, under heavy artillery fire. All around you are crashes, detonations, desperation and chaos. The losses are already immense ... Finally you reach the shore, the hatch opens wide and you are the first to storm to dry land amid a hail of bullets - Welcome to Omaha Beach! Your first objective: To secure the beach, penetrate as far as the German bunkers, SURVIVE this initial barrage!
Realtime strategy and breathtaking action!
... and that's just the beginning! More decisive battles await you and your 2nd US Ranger battalion in France. You will face many intrepid missions within the operations Market Garden, Autumn Mist and Lumberjack, as well as special missions in selected war zones.
WARCOMMANDER can be categorized as a tactical RTS game and promises great depth as well as breathtaking action!
* Two single player campaigns with 12 missions each
* Two choose your path missions for each campaign, creating a non-linear game element
* The player commands the 2nd US Ranger battalion, which includes a maximum of 40 units to control.
* Multiplayer mode for up to 8 players over Network/Internet.
* 14 Multiplayer Maps with two game modes: Last Man Standing and Capture The Flag
* 11 character classes per party with unique special skills plus numerous vehicles
* Units feature a system of experience.
* Various building functions as well as numerous upgrades.
* Screen Resolutions in 640x480, 1024x768 and 1280x1024 in True Color possible.
* Terrain with real height units plus deformation features.
* Day/night changes with dynamic light sources, weather system.
* Particle engine for special effects.
* Realistic depiction of graphic effects such as explosions, smoke, fire, etc.
* Physics engine for lifelike movements (avalanches, shrapnel ...)
War Commander PC game score 5.4 / 10 calculated from 180 players' votes.