Game Release Date
11 December 2009 Worldwide
11 December 2009 Europe
game mode single player
System requirements Pentium 4 2.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM, graphic card 256 MB (GeForce 7800 or better), 2 GB HDD, Windows XP/Vista
The year is 1350 AD. The deadly plague that burst out from the center of Asia came to Europe and stopped the wars for some time. When it reached the Crimean cities where the Genoese people lived it moved on to Istanbul and then made its way to Spain. After devastating Germany, France and England the plague spread to the East and came to the Baltic on board of Hanseatic ships which came close to the borders of Russia.
In the outskirts of Europe lay the lands of Russia and Poland which are ready to finally defeat the dominion of the Golden Horde and the Knight Orders. They will hold on in the battle for freedom and independence, and fight for lands stretching from one sea to the other. The die is cast and a new Empire will become glorious and survive these death-filled times.
Empire: Time of Troubles is a turn-based, historical strategy game which covers the events of 1350-1650 taking place in Russia, Poland and the Great Lithuanian Princedom. The game takes place over a large-scale campaign and players will command one of 26 warring factions. By controlling a hero characters which improve their skills in battle the player can win battles and rule their state any way they wish.
Empire: Time of Troubles allows players to have a well thought-out and historically accurate system of building and assigning labor forces in cities, a large selection of scenario based and random missions, an expansive and realistic technology tree, more than 150 types of military units and beautiful graphics and animations which bring the war to life.
* Large-scale military campaign where the player can turn a small principality into a large and powerful empire.
* 3D strategy map of Eastern Europe from 1350-1650 with authentic landscape and military units.
* 26 factions to control: Russian, Polish and Lithuanian princedoms, lands of the Knight Orders and Eastern European monarchies.
* Political, economic and role playing systems showing the intricacies of diplomacy and wars in medieval Europe.
* Dozens of famous historical personalities and hundreds of game characters, each with their own unique specialties including rulers, commanders, priests, alchemists and spies.
Reign: Conflict of Nations PC game score 5.0 / 10 calculated from 734 players' votes.