Game Release Date
August 2014 Worldwide
August 2014 Europe
August 2014 USA
game mode multiplayer
System requirements Pentium IV 2,4 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Karta grafiki 128 MB (GeForce 6600 or better), Windows XP SP2/Vista/7/8
Inspired by the ferocious battle of Verdun that took place in 1916, M2H and Blackmill are proud to present Verdun, a unique online first person shooter set during the First World War. Verdun delivers a dedicated World War 1 shooter experience for the first time.
- Verdun contains levels that are based on historical locations around the Verdun area such as the Argonne forest, the western front and beyond.
- In Verdun you will choose to fight in a squad of 4 players. Each player has a specialized role within the squad, offering unique ways of cooperative gameplay in an FPS never seen before.
- Keep fighting with your squad against a limitless amount of enemies. Earn experience points, level up and gain new abilities.
- The game modes have been designed to mirror the intensity of trench-warfare. Offering a realistic impression of WWI battles.
- Distinct squad types are based on historical units such as the French Chasseurs, U.S Marines and German Sturmtruppen each with their own tasks and characteristics.
- Play in squads of 4 players. Each squad type has 4 unique roles to choose from such as an officer, support gunner or observer.
- Working together is important because each role has its own range of abilities and weaponry that helps the players function together as a team.
- Playing frequently with friends is rewarded. Based on the squad's combined experience that you and your friends have earned, the squad you play in will get more powerful.
- The appearance and equipment of your squad will reflect the experience you have with your squad members. Starting with early war equipment and uniforms, your squad will evolve into toughened WW1 veterans.
- Also there is no need to worry if your friends are not online whenever you want to play, the game allows you to find new members for your squad easily.
- Verdun is a multiplayer FPS built on top of an advanced cloud based multiplayer system, Offering a seamless experience where you are in continuous battles against other players.
- The main powers of the multiplayer system are automatic scaling to support multiple players, seamless matchmaking and cross-platform gaming. This technology is designed so that the player has next to no waiting or setup time.
- The main game mode allows players to experience true trench warfare. The game map is divided into many small sectors which can be captured by either side. This creates a real time moving frontline where every captured meter counts.
- Gain experience points that you keep personally. Keep leveling up and challenge your friends.
- Fight in the trenches using authentic weaponry from each faction: rifles, bayonets, Machine guns and hand grenades are at your disposal.
- A traditional free-for-all game mode is also available. The free for all gameplay is set up to be seamless, the enemies will keep coming!
- The existing technology has been built with future game modes in mind, as we want to keep innovating and use the cross-platform and cloud technology to the fullest. One of the game modes that is currently under development will feature a squad that will defend their trenches against waves of attacking players that can join the battle at any time.
Verdun PC players' expectations: 8.0 / 10 calculated from 34 players' votes.