Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX | PS4
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX release date for PS4:
28 March 2017 | Worldwide
31 March 2017 | Europe PAL
28 March 2017 | USA NTSC
Game mode: single player
0 Expectations: 9.2 / 10 calculated out of 10 players' votes.
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX for PlayStation 4 is a bundle of the initial six installment of the Kingdom Hearts series. The franchise was born at the beginning of the 2000s and was the effect of an unusual cooperation between Disney and Square – a Japanese studio that created legendary jRPGs, including the Final Fantasy series. Kingdom Hearts debuted on PlayStation 2 in 2002 and combined elements of Final Fantasy with worlds and characters of Disney’s animated movies and TV series, creating its own complex mythology. The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX bundle includes the Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX collections that were released for PlayStation 3 in 2013 and 2014.
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX includes:
- Kingdom Hearts FINAL MIX – the first installment of the series that came out for PlayStation 2 in 2002. The title follows a teenaged Sora, the main protagonist of the series who embarks on a journey between worlds, trying to find two lost friends of his. The hero meets loyal allies on his way (Goofy, Donald, king Mickey) and opponents that control dangerous creatures called the Heartless.
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories – a spin-off installment of the series which initially came out for Game Boy Advance in 2004 and is a sort of a bridge between the events of the first and second game in the franchise. The production features new antagonists (Organization XIII) and offers a unique combat system based on the use of ability and attack cards.
- Kingdom Hearts II FINAL MIX – the second numbered installment of the series that was released for PlayStation 2 in 2006. Sora and his friends have to thwart the evil plans of Organization XIII. The game expands the combat system and introduces many new gameplay elements as well as previously unavailable Disney worlds.
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days [remastered film cutscenes only] – the second spin-off of the series that connects the second and the first installment of the series, shedding some light on the period which Roxas spent in Organization XIII’s ranks. The title was initially released for Nintendo DS in 2009.
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX – the prequel to Kingdom Hearts which action takes place 10 years before those of the first game. The title initially launched on the handheld Sony PSP console in 2010. The production enriches the world’s mythology and features three new playable heroes: Ventus, Terra, and Aqua.
- Kingdom Hearts Re:coded [remastered film cutscenes only] – a spin-off with its action set after the conclusion of Kingdom Hearts II. The title was originally released for Nintendo DS in 2010.
The games that come with the Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX bundle offer completely remastered graphics, minor improvements of their gameplay systems (including new difficulty levels), new film cutscenes, and extra boss fights that were previously available only in Japanese editions. The biggest novelty is the fact that these remasters run at 60 frames-per-second. The FPS cap set at 30 FPS was one of the main weaknesses on the titles for PlayStation 3 and is a big leap forward for the originals from PlayStation 2.