Guild Wars | PC
Guild Wars release date for PC:
28 April 2005 | Worldwide
Game mode: multiplayer , multiplayer mode: Internet, players: 1000+ , size: 2 CD
0 Game score 8.825 / 10 calculated out of 2035 players' votes.
Presenting Guild Wars, the first title from Seattle-based ArenaNet.
Guild Wars is a Competitive Online Role Playing Game with an emphasis on rewarding player skill. In large head-to-head guild battles, cooperative group combat, and single player missions, players will explore a fantasy world while pursuing professions and acquiring skills to develop their own personalized character. Unique items, special abilities, and a wide variety of skills add meaningful gameplay flexibility for all players. Missions are not scripted adventures, but are open battlegrounds where victory is determined by skill and teamwork.
Victory earned with skill not hours played
Whether battling against monsters to fulfill a quest, or working with guild mates to reach the highest levels of tournament play, Guild Wars rewards players more for gaming skills than for the number of hours played.
FREE online play that is safe and secure
Enjoy your playing time, don't pay for it. NO subscription fee ever. Every player connects to an ArenaNet secure host server and our streaming technology allows us to fix exploits quickly and seamlessly.
Itís about always having fun
With personally spawned missions for all groups, Guild Wars focuses on whatís fun in a role-playing game: fighting monsters, playing with and against other players, and finding that next great item. Negatives like traveling time, high death penalties, and spawning camping have been removed.
Play with everyone Ė regardless of level
Because the value of each player in a group is based on skill, even a new player can quickly learn and play productively with friends.
You simply canít make a broken character
In Guild Wars you only make character development choices after you understand how best to play. Also, each choice is reversible if you want to play in a new style.
A world of many but an individual story
In Guild Wars each town is a place for item trading and social interaction, but every combat mission is spawned only for you, allowing you to personally live the story.
* Build your character in a world that rewards your gaming skill, not hours.
* Play Guild Wars FREE online in a secure server-hosted game environment that restricts cheating.
* Join quests with friends to fight fantastic monsters, or engage in epic guild battles.
* Develop a unique unbreakable character that can explore multiple professions and hundreds of unique skills.
* Friends will always be able play together because gameplay is not level based and the world is not split into shards/realms.
* Enjoy fully integrated support for guilds, including in-game guildhalls, forums and worldwide tournaments and ladders.
* Experience streaming technology, which seamlessly provides new features and supports the quick resolution of exploits.
Recommended: Pentium III 1 GHz, 512MB RAM, graphic card 64MB (GeForce 4 or better), 2 GB HDD